History of the park
The 42-hectare castle park is one of the most beautiful locations in the region. It is open to the public year-round – in fact, people have been visiting it since the times of Ferdinand Hildprandt.
Franz (František) Hildprandt had the front part of the original game park transformed into an English park. The rear part was kept in its original form with the “sejpy” (remains of gold panning in times past) surrounded by large trees.
The park is filled with streams, bridges, paths and beautiful alleyways. When a new road was built in 1810, Baron Franz also had a man-made hill built in the southwest corner of the park with rocks and caves connected by stone tunnels. During the Napoleonic Wars this project gave work and wages to the residents of Blatna. The park also once held an orangery, theater, Swiss house, lodge and shooting range, but these are no longer in existence.
Today the only building standing in the park is the Empire-style house where the Hildprandt family now resides.
Another popular attraction in the castle park is the large herd of fallow deer, who graze freely, as well as a muster of peacocks. Numerous ancient oak trees also grow on the grounds.